Energy medicine is both a complement to other systems of medical care and, in itself, a complete system for self-care and self-help.
It can address physical illness and emotional disorders, and it can also promote wellness and peak performance.
Because we receive so many requests from people who are new to energy medicine for help with health conditions, we have written this brief guide to help orient you and to direct you to a wealth of available resources, many of them free.
A key concept in energy medicine is that the words “diagnosis” and “treatment” have a different meaning than they do in conventional medicine. In conventional medicine you diagnose and treat an illness.
In energy medicine, you assess where the energy system needs attention and correct the energy disturbances. Physical symptoms may be a clue, but they are not the focus. For instance, the same stomachache might trace to an imbalance in heart meridian in one person, in liver meridian in another, and in stomach meridian in a third.
The same physical symptoms can reflect many kinds of problems in your energy system and call for different kinds of attention.
TWO WAYS ENERGY MEDICINE CAN HELP
There are TWO LEVELS where energy medicine might make a difference with a health condition:
1. THE FIRST has to do with getting your body’s energies into a good flow, harmony, and balance. While not focusing on your health issue directly, this can create within your body an energetic environment that supports your overall health, vitality, and healing.
- This is the place to start, even if you are also taking additional steps, such as assessing and working with specific vulnerabilities in your energy system or consulting with an energy medicine specialist. Unlike treatments that offer pills or surgery, energy medicine focuses on the entire body as a system. Before doing more specific treatments, energy medicine practitioners routinely help people get their body’s overall energies into a strong and healthy flow.
- Over the years, Donna Eden designed a five-minute “Daily Energy Routine” that combines the most potent techniques we know that are able to help the greatest number of people to stimulate each of the vital energy systems and bring them into harmony and balance.
- In the Daily Energy Routine are some of the methods an energy medicine practitioner might give to you after an initial consultation to help you strengthen and balance your own energies. You can do much for yourself through the Daily Energy Routine alone. The Daily Energy Routine takes about five minutes, and then also dedicating five additional minutes for experimenting with other methods can make a real difference in your health and vitality.
- We guide you through the Daily Energy Routine in every introductory publication we have. You can find it in the book Energy Medicine (Chapter 3), on our “Energy Healing” videos, and in the Sounds True “Energy Medicine Kit.” You can find these resources at www.innersource.net.
- Five areas you might experiment with as adjuncts to the Daily Routine are 1) the the “Homolateral Crossover,” 2) “Connecting Heaven and Earth,” 3) techniques for sedating the triple warmer meridian, 4) the “Neurovascular Hold,” and 5) the “Blow Out.” All are presented in each of the above resources.
2. THE SECOND LEVEL by which energy medicine might make a difference with a health concern involves an assessment of your body’s energies and the ways they are related to the condition.
- Based on that assessment, individualized treatments can be designed to make your energy system more robust, specifically in the ways that will help with the health condition.
- If you are a beginner with energy medicine, this is more than we recommend you attempt without the help of a qualified practitioner (see below for suggestions on how to find one).
- However, various resources mentioned below will give you an idea of where to begin. The book Energy Medicine gives further instruction in how to assess your energies and correct problems with them.
- Meanwhile, everything you might do in terms of the Basic Daily Routine would only support work with a professional energy medicine practitioner or other health care provider.
source: Donna Eden